1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp wheat germ
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup 100% pure canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Mix dry ingredients (flour through salt) in 1 large bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla). Pour liquid into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Ladle batter onto waffle iron (1/3 to 1/2 cup, depending on manufacturer’s instructions).
5. Cook until golden. Remove from iron. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all batter is gone.
6. Serve with butter and maple syrup.